Well, the power rankings for Division II are out from Hockey Night in Boston News. Since these rankings were posted:
- Keene won again (beat Alvirne 8-2).
- In a really good high school hockey game, Dover knocked off previously unbeaten (in league play) Windham earlier tonight, 2-1. Dover got a goal and an assist from Wyatt Allaire, while Trevor Gnall also scored for the Green Wave. Matthew Taylor scored for Windham on a sweet backhander on a breakaway.
- Spaulding got their first win, 3-2 over Merrimack. Garrett Langis and Ryan Ellis each had a goal and two assists for the Red Raiders.
- Kingswood beat Portsmouth-Newmarket 4-3 in OT on Burke Ruel’s 2nd goal of the night after Portsmouth-Newmarket overcame a 3-0 deficit to force overtime. Kingswood plays undefeated St. Thomas (6-0) on Friday night.
- Lebanon-Stevens earned a 4-3 win over D-III John Stark last night, and they battle at Oyster River (3-0) on Thursday night.
- Alvirne stormed back with three unanswered goals in the 3rd period to take a 4-3 win at Winnacunnet.
- *Update*: Lebanon-Stevens went into Oyster River and came out with a 2-1 victory. Ian Garland scored the game-winner with 1:17 to play. Andrew Friend had 26 saves. Ethan Keslar scored for the Bobcats.
So, there are some really good games to check out this week, including Goffstown hosting Dover on Saturday night at Sullivan Arena. It’s a lot of fun to watch, and it’s all about the kids.